Suppliers to fusion research need a high level of technical understanding and a commitment to rigorous project management and quality standards. In most cases you will work closely with fusion scientists to meet their particular project requirements. Rising to the technical and quality demands of a fusion project has many benefits that can be used to enhance your company’s technical abilities and competitiveness in other markets.
The technologies typically used in fusion research fall into the following categories:
- Mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering
- Computer modelling
- Plasma technology and diagnostics
- Power supplies
- Cryogenic systems
- High integrity data capture
- Vacuum vessels and systems
- Advanced / neutron resistant materials
- Remote handling
- Nuclear systems (tritium)
- Neutral beam and Microwave systems
For more details of the products typically used in fusion research consult the fusion technologies checklist .
If you supply any of the products contained in fusion fechnologies you are invited to register your details in our fusion and industry database